NHBC, the leading warranty and insurance provider  

Field James - new build and refurbishment

home recent projects process about us contact us

Here is a basic guide that applies to most projects,
we hope it helps...

Commissioning a building project should be an enjoyable experience and there are many ways to approach it. We would advise you before commencing a project to consider the following. These are the basics that apply to most projects…

Do you need professionals consultants or specialists? Does the scope of the work require planning permission or listed building consent? If the answer is YES then we advise you to contact the RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects, www.architecture.com) who have a list of members and the types of project they specialise in. You may require the input of a Structural Engineer. Your architect should be able to advise you and make a recommendation. The architect will also advise you on aspects of Building and Statutory Regulation to ensure your building conforms with current legislation.

    quantity surveyor
If your project is large or specialised you may require the services of a Quantity Surveyor, they are construction cost specialists. The RICS (Royal institution of Chartered Surveyors, www.rics.org/uk) have a list of members and the sectors they specialise within. Your architect may also be able to provide a recommendation.

    choosing a builder
Obviously we hope it's us! Only appoint a contractor who has experience in undertaking the type of work you wish to carry out. Take up references (architects and clients) and visit projects that are under construction. Good luck!

Field James - new build and refurbishment NHBC, the leading warranty and insurance provider

Website by WYNAS.com